October 23, 2012

Halloween Decor


I feel like Autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are all thrown at me at once and I'm changing up my decor a lot over 3-4 months time.  Then there is a huge dead-spot for decor on the calendar that stretches from Easter to Autumn.  It seems that things could have been spaced out a little better. Haha.

I like to add new things to my decor and switch things up so that there is some variety from year to year.  This year's addition is the canvas print.  I designed a similar sign last year and framed it.  And I really liked it... except, I kept thinking about how much more I'd like it if it was a canvas.

The original sign was created with my Silhouette Studio software, so I needed to recreate it in Photoshop for printing and sizing.  I ordered here and waited forever. I was anxious to see it and they also had a computer glitch on their end - the combo made it seem like forever.

I added some potion jars I created last year and some decorative pumpkins from a few years back.  I also suspended a spider from a little web that I stuck to the ceiling with clear thumbtacks.  He's on clear, elastic thread, but the photo caught the shadow, so it looks like it's dark thread.

Unfortunately, I was waiting on the canvas to decorate for Halloween so I won't get to enjoy this decor for very long. Soon enough, I'll be switching things up for Thanksgiving.  I'm also kind of obsessed with canvas prints now and want to order all the signs I've created on raised canvas!  They're more than I'd pay at the store, but I somehow justify it in my mind because I did the design work and made exactly what I wanted.  Haha!

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I love it. Where did you find the tree??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it last year at Michaels. I've seen them since, though.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP