November 3, 2012

Ogee

Last Summer, my friend announced that she was expecting her second child.  Happy news!  I had previously bought some fabric and I knew it would be perfect for her -- if she had a baby girl. As soon as she found out she was having a girl, I got to work on her quilt.   

I originally saw this quilt and knew I had to make it... but I was feeling cheap and didn't want to pay for a pattern -- sometimes I'm cheap over the weirdest things.  Anyway, as I sat admiring the quilt, the construction seemed clear.  It was a Drunkard's Path variation.  Bonus, we had just finished the Only Nine quilt and I could use part of those templates for this quilt.  One area where I am not cheap; tools.  I think a good quality, versatile template is worth every penny. That said, I don't buy templates for squares and things like that I can do with my rotary cutter and ruler. Mine has wider points than the pattern I didn't buy, but that could be easily changed.  I happen to like it just fine this way. 
The fabrics are mostly a Michael Miller line sold at Joann Fabrics. There are some other fabrics thrown in there as well.  The back is the large multi-colored floral and the binding is the teal polka dots.  

Meanwhile, two of my other closest friends suddenly announced that they were also adding to their families -- all baby GIRLS!  One was adopting and the baby was expected before any of the others, so this quilt went on the back burner while I made a quilt for her. Eventually, I finished this one.  Yes, the baby was already here at that point, but that's okay with me.  She loves it anyway :)

1 comment:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP