October 18, 2012

Pinspiration: Gravestone

I posted this on my old blog, but I have long since neglected that one and I'm going to close it down, so I thought I'd post it here now.

I saw this idea on Pinterest and loved it. So clever. Also, I knew I could make it with stuff I already had on hand, so it wouldn't cost me anything.  Awesome! I love projects that don't cost any additional money.  

The wood is a 1x8 scrap. I traced the shape of a headstone on the board and then went after it with my jig saw. I also cut a piece 1 3/4 x 8 1/4 for the base and glued them together. 

I sanded any rough spots along the cut areas and painted with some grey acrylic paint I had on hand. Once the paint was dry, I sanded it again to distress the finish and used an ink pad to darken and further distress it.    

I cut Vacancy and the arrow from black vinyl with my Silhouette. This was a simple project. Very quick to throw together. And I smile every time I walk past it. 



I decorated the pumpkins a couple years ago. The bigger one has tissue paper mod podged on it (inspiration found here) and the smaller one has simple rhinestones placed along the grooves.

2 comments:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP