January 5, 2013

Winter Decor


It's January!  And it's hard to believe that it's 2013!  I remember when the 2002 Winter Olympics were announced and that felt so far away.  It was a big deal because it was local - and nothing ever really happens in Utah! Ha.  And now... 2002 is in the distant past.  Time flies!

So I love two things - well, I love LOTS of things, but two in particular for today... Home Decor and Silhouette - and when I can merge the two, I'm a happy girl.  I like using the Silhouette Studio software to make signs and printables.  I enjoy layering patterns and shapes and changing opacities and line settings.


I made this sign last Winter and it's one of my very favorite things I've ever created with my beautiful machine. And then my hard drive died.  I'm glad I printed it, but I wish I still had the hard copy.  I can recreate it, but I haven't.  I also made the smaller sign.  It's much more simple.  No layering - no changes to opacity - basically just a font with a pattern fill.  Still cute.  I found that blue and wood frame at TJ Maxx and bought it without a plan in mind.

The paper trees are new this year.  I found them on Pinterest and my friend and I had a craft night to make those and a couple other little things.  The instructions are here.  They were very easy, but more time consuming than I thought they'd be.  The furry tree is a craft boa that I wrapped around a metal frame and stuck on a candlestick.  Simple, but cute.  And it's more fun to enjoy "winter" in my warm house than outside in the below-zero temperatures! Brr! 

2 comments:

  1. So, did you use the studio software and just print these? No cutting involved? :)

    I love how you have this certain area you keep posting with decor for seasons/holidays. It's such a great idea. I can't wait until I start seeing you decorate your house :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I designed and then printed - no cutting involved.

      I can't wait to have a house to decorate!

      Delete

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP